Vodka Cran

This is a blog. We blog.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Shopping for Gifts

What a weekend! An all-around-fun time, though nothing in particular that i wanted to write about.
I did, however, do some shopping with my girlfriend. I was browsing for Christmas gifts for my family, and all i ended up getting, were a few ideas.
So as i was on the internet this morning, looking for more gifts ideas, when i came across an article disussing horrible gifts. This made me think of a buddy of mine who once got a watch that also functioned as a tv remote. As bad as it sounds, we did manage to have some fun with it in randoms bars while we were in college (that's right, he wore it!).
This also got me to thinking about some of the gifts i'd been given. I think the worst ever was a clock. It had different birds at every hour-mark, and when that hour struck, it played that bird's call.

In case you're curious, some of the funnier gifts seen this morning on the web were:

So you're SUV looks like you use it for other than getting groceries:
Spray On Mud
So you can take your pet for a walk:
The Pet Stroller
And here's
my bird clock

Have any particularly-bad-gift stories? I wanna hear 'em, as i need some ideas for a couple folks i know!

1 comments:

  • At 12/05/2005 12:19 PM, Blogger Miss Huang said…

    Yikes, I got you a clock with kittens on it and at the hour, a different purr comes out... I better return it quick. Actually I can see how whoever got you the clock probably thought you would think it's so bad it's funny.
    My worste gift was a toilet seat and it wasn't that cute either.
    I like giving gifts. But it's hard to give gifts to people that don't need or want anything. but I've got some ideas so i'm really excited. They're going to be awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home