Vodka Cran

This is a blog. We blog.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Making time

After a long day of work, that wasn't particularly difficult, I decided I was ready for a Vodka Cran. I called up the one person I knew who would be down for sure, JD aka my boyfriend, and told him to meet me at our bar, not that one, the other one, Goldstar. I got there early and noticed around the bar five random people and they were all women! I'm so used to it being men that go to the bars to unwind. I was very glad to see that in Chicago, women who like to kick back a few and unwind themselves... Yay women's lib!
    Anyway, I was drinking my tasty beverage and reading a mag, watching Seinfeld, and watching the growing number of pool sharks in the back of the bar. Goldstar is like a hall, rather than a bar in my view. But again, I digress. So, I was having a great time, unwinding, and my boyfriend comes, makes a cute joke about it being "ladies night" because he's now the only man at the bar. He's really witty like that.
    We later decide to have dinner across the street at the pig place. Pig Place? Yeah, the Hog something or other. Oh, that place we went and had the sandwiches. Exactly. So we walked across the street and enjoyed tasty fries, and really good beans. The cold slaw was dry. Whatever.
Anyway, it was a great evening. One that is simple yet perfect. I hope everyone has a perfect evening tonight. Cheers!
- Miss Huang
PS: to Missy and her husband, Kelly, enjoy Cabo!! Luuccckkkkyyyyy.

7 comments:

  • At 3/11/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger JD McGregor said…

    Hey yah!
    That was a fun evening. Thanks for not publishing that "cute joke" that i made. I really want people to continue to think (as i do) that i'm a pretty funny guy.
    Anywho, that Pig Place served up some mighty tasty pulled pork. Alas, their Fat Tire was a little pricey, but yeah, i'd eat there again.
    Can't wait to check out the St. Patty's Day Parade on Sunday!
    [holds green beer high] Cheers!
    JDM

     
  • At 3/14/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There is a place in construction on the Ave that's hidden behind quite a lot of wood planks and scaffolding, but high above and clearly visible is the sign of things to come: "Smokin' Dicks"
    Really? I guess so. Nobody really knows what this place will be. I've got a bet going. The front runners are:
    1. Smoking Club for gaylords. (hey, I'll dress the part if it means I can smoke inside somewhere again)
    2. The up and coming dildo store of the future, it's on fire!!!
    3. A Christian Science Reading Room

    --Maybe there's a pig on the sign, I think that's why I was reminded? Or maybe I've just got smoking on the brain?

    You're a vodka cran girl after my heart, Missy.

    Now I have to remember my damn password. Shit.

     
  • At 3/15/2006 8:46 AM, Blogger Miss Huang said…

    Calypso, are you coming on to me?! I read your letter and I think the pretty song you weave is blinding me!
    OH, what if the name was "smokin' poles" haha, that would be funny.
    I vote for a christian science reading room. No! where they hide all the priests that have been accused of molestation but don't want to punish them. They're above the law.
    - Miss Huang (not the same as Missy)

     
  • At 3/15/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger JD McGregor said…

    "Smoking Poles"...isn't that a Polish BBQ joint on Chicago Ave?

    If you think calypso has a crush on Huang, read my myspace comments, cause D@ve22 likes you too (not that that has *anything* to do with calypso.

     
  • At 3/15/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I just like to call people Missy. It's troublesome, I can see that. I dub thee Huangy.

    We already have a Smokin' Poles. It's on Broadway. Of course.

    Hey JD, back off man...my crushes are sacred.

     
  • At 3/16/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Miss Huang said…

    JD's such a typical muscle head always jealous, etc. It's really bothersome, the way he pumps his chest at guy that may look at me...
    Miss Huang.

     
  • At 3/17/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger JD McGregor said…

    Arrrrrrrrrrraaaaaawhhhhhhhhhhh!

    Even Barry Bonds told me I'd better lay off the steroids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home