Vodka Cran

This is a blog. We blog.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Walk on the left stand on the right.

Chicago life can be really funny at times. Everyone, including myself, busts ass to get to work. Therefore, you see a lot of people powerwalking their way to the tall builings of The Loop. They're wearing scarves, they almost always have gloves on, and a lot of men where wool three quarter length jackets and scarves that are tucked in such a way that they're not wrapped around the neck, it's weird. (They all live in Lincoln park, too.) Anyway, I was just marveling at the quirkiness that is a large city like Chicago. There are a lot of shoulder pads (via the wool coats). Also, when you're going up an escalater, you stand on the right, and walk on the left, and if you don't do this, someone (like what happend today to some poor girl that may have been a tourist from some non-english speaking part of the world) will yell at you to move over. Not me, I don't have the guts, although in my little brain I am screaming "Damn, I'm going to be late and it's all your fault! I hate you!!!"
Anyway, does anyone else notice the way they're commute is always the same?

3 comments:

  • At 2/01/2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Miss Huang said…

    Woah really?! you need to take a photo with your phone of these weirdos! What are you studing at school?

     
  • At 2/01/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger JD McGregor said…

    If i'm not mistaken, didn't the three of us see some crazy-assed half naked guy on the el while missy was visiting? I think Huangy may have even taken a photo. I'll have to see if we can dig that out!
    Otherwise, yeah, they used to always do the "stand right, walk left" thing in Seattle too. "This thing ain't a damn amusment ride, don't just stand there, get movin'!"
    My commute not is about 60% driving, 40% train, depending on how late i sleep. When the weather gets too tough, it'll be 100% train. Ride the blue line south-east with me if you wanna see the weirdos, homeless and classic three-card-monte playaz.
    That's a scam baby!
    JDM

     
  • At 2/02/2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Miss Huang said…

    Oh shite! Sorry, hun, I'll do that this weekend. I've totally slacked on my papparrazi displays. I will get them out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home